Friday, February 22, 2008

St. Peters Basillica and more



I really was not sure if I should include a picture of the interior of St. Peter's basillica for the simple reason that it is so massive, and so beautiful that one photograph can never capture it in its entirety. I will leave it for the kids when they return to tell you about it an even show you their pictures of it. Our trip to the Vatican began in the morning, with a visit to the Vatican's huge museum of which we might have seen 10%. Then onto the Sistine Chapel, no photos allowed of course but still inspiring. The afternoon was reserved for the basillica which had been closed for the pope earlier in the day (quite rare, as he conducted a mass there today) and then a short bus ride to the Colosseum.
After dinner in a small resturant on a side street, some of the kids had their portraits done by street artists.
Our last day in Italy is tomorrow, The Roman Forum and a low key day before home!
(We will not be doing any more picture uploads until we return home. The internet in the hotel is too slow for uploads.)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey travelers,
I want to thank you for taking the time and effort to share updates and pictures of your trip. I know it wasn't always easy. Enjoy the rest of the trip and I'm looking forward to more pics and details when you get home.
I wish you a safe journey home,
Cathy